The England Green Infrastructure Mapping Database is designed to provide technical evidence on the Green Infrastructure of England as an open data product under Open Government License (OGL) conditions.
This first version (Version 1.1) of the England National Green Infrastructure Mapping Database is being made available as an initial “pre-release” version aimed primarily at Local Authorities and other public sector organisations in order to provide a first and initial version of the data and maps.
Further work is planned to be incorporated into an updated version during 2022.
The England Green Infrastructure Mapping Database aims to be;
• A publicly accessible data, analysis and mapping resource.
• A resource providing a nationally consistent approach to Green Infrastructure mapping.
• A resource capable of providing information at multiple scales from England wide, Upper and Lower Tier Local Authority, Middle Super Output Area (MSOA) and Lower Super Output Area (LSOA).
• A resource that can be used to provide evidence to inform a variety of national to local planning, strategy and targeting exercises involving Green Infrastructure.
• A baseline evidence resource providing a consistent level of data and analysis across England capable of being supplemented with additional and/or local data as required by the end user.
The resource is a database of factual spatial and statistical information and is not intended to be either a plan or strategy in itself and no interpretation, analysis or narrative on the data is attempted in this version (V 1.1).
This User Guide provides information on the content of Version 1.1, how it was put together, what approach to undertaking the various assessments was and information concerning limitations on use and gaps etc.
The database will be maintained and updated periodically. Periodic updates will lead to the issue of an updated database which will be identified by a new version number (for example V 1.2).